Turmeric – The Golden Spice – is the brilliant yellow spice ground from the root of an exotic flowering plant in the ginger family. Cultivated on the Indian subcontinent for centuries, its root contains the active ingredient curcumin, which is known to promote healthy digestion and is widely renowned as a powerful anti-inflammatory.
When organically cultivated the root offers a number of other healthful benefits too, including helping as an antioxidant in the fight against free radicals and aiding the immune system. Turmeric is a hot commodity – and if it’s not for you yet, we’re going to tell you why it should be! It’s definitely grown in popularity and for good reason. Studies show curcumin, a compound in turmeric, contains powerful antioxidants that can soothe your stomach, relieve achy joints, and potentially help to fight a long list of diseases, including cancer, diabetes, irritable bowel syndrome, and arthritis. No wonder turmeric has earned a gold star as an anti-inflammatory food!
How does Turmeric aid in strengthening your Immune System?
• Turmeric is a good source of other vitamins and minerals, such as iron, fibre, vitamin B6, copper, and potassium. In just 2 teaspoons, it has 10% of your recommended iron intake. We know that iron is mainly an aid in our energy, since it helps metabolize proteins and plays a role in the production of hemoglobin and red blood cells. But it’s important to not just get iron from red meat, as this can actually cause a burden on the body. Turmeric is a great meat-free source of iron!
• It is an excellent antioxidant which helps fight the oxidative damage and free radicals that our brain is subject to in conditions like Alzheimer’s.
• It helps with the regeneration of brain cells in a similar way that exercise does.
In Ayurveda, Turmeric is used to balance digestive fires and toxins. It is also found that turmeric is a common essential in traditional Ayurveda remedies to support the blood, liver, joints, immune system and digestive tract.
Here’s another fun fact about Turmeric: Did you Know that the curcumin in Turmeric is also believed to cure Depression? Depression- another commonly heard condition in the 21st century. While we’d rather not get into what that’s about, what you need to know is that curcumin shows promise as depression treatment. This includes mild depression and even
major depressive disorder (MDD).
So how can you include Turmeric in your diet?
While countries like India have already taken major advantage over the Super-Spice, from making it a necessity in their dishes, to having it in their beverages and even face masks; here’s a few ways how you could keep up:
• Including Turmeric into your daily Tea intake.
• Include Turmeric in your dishes.
• Take it as a supplement.
At Tipson, we have carefully observed the perks of this nature’s gift; which is why we have brought together an organic herbal infusion just for you! Tipson’s Organic Turmeric Range would be an ideal investment against your health concerns. Alongside giving you the benefit of the medicinal properties, it’s now being proven as a powerful weight loss supplement as an added bonus too!